What Are You Afraid Of?


I selected What Are You Afraid Of?: Facing Down Your Fears With Faith by David Jeremiah because I tend to be a rather anxious person and I'm always looking for books about reducing anxiety and fears in my life. This one sounded like it would fit the bill. The different fears covered included: Disaster, Disease, Debt, Defeat, Disconnection, Disapproval, Danger, Depression, Death, and Deity. These are all common fears and all things that I've feared at one time or another. This book promises to uncover the root of each of these fears and provide a biblical plan to overcome them.

This book was just okay for me. It was pretty basic and generic, and at times, a bit slow. The truths shared were biblical and good, but they were things I've heard many times before. I look for something new that I haven't heard before when I read a book, but I didn't find that here. It was a good reminder of things I've learned before, however. I would be more likely to recommend this book to a newer Christian or someone who hasn't read many books on this topic before already.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving Death

Can I Just Hide In Bed 'Til Jesus Comes Back?