All For A Story


I've never read any books by Allison Pittman before this one, and I'm not always a huge historical fiction fan, but this book looked intriguing so I decided to give it a shot. All For A Story follows Monica Bisbaine. She's a modern girl in the Roaring Twenties, and a gossip writer for the newspaper Capitol Chatter. When Max Moore, editor-in-chief Aimee Semple McPherson's magazine, inherits Capitol Chatter from his uncle, he decides to revamp the newspaper with positive stories. He receives a lot of backlash, but he's determined to do his best. Along the way he falls for Monica and a romance begins to blossom.

This is a really interesting book. I'm glad I decided to give it a shot. It paints a vivid picture of life during the Roaring Twenties, and I enjoyed being transported to that time period. Monica is a brash and annoying character for much of the book, but I came to like her by the end of the story. The story itself is fast paced, full of good humor, and very entertaining. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys Christian historical fiction novels. My only note would be to add that this is book two in the series. I didn't realize and have only read books two and three so far. However, I believe they all feature completely different stories (other than the Aimee Semple McPherson thread) and can be read as standalone novels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving Death

Can I Just Hide In Bed 'Til Jesus Comes Back?