Surprised By Motherhood


Surprised By Motherhood: Everything I Never Expected About Being A Mom is Lisa-Jo Baker's memoir of sorts, of her childhood, the loss of her mom, and becoming a mother. Lisa-Jo lost her mom as a teenager and had determined to never have children. God changed her heart (like He often loves to do when we say "never"), and she became a mom of three children. I had never heard of Lisa-Jo before reading this book, so maybe regular readers of her blog would know more of her background, but I knew nothing coming into the book.

This book is written blog-style - it feels like she's sitting down chatting with you. It was a bit rambling at times, but I was still able to follow the story. It aims to show the messy, inconvenient side of motherhood, not just all the fun moments and mushy stuff. This is a very honest story and didn't sugar coat anything. I couldn't relate a ton about her struggle to have children since I've always wanted to have children. I did enjoy reading about Lisa-Jo's childhood and life, as well as her parenting insights. I'd recommend this book to readers of her blog, or anyone who enjoys Christian memoirs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving Death

Can I Just Hide In Bed 'Til Jesus Comes Back?