Epic Grace


Epic Grace by Kurt W. Bubna is part memoir, part spiritual help/Christian living book. Each chapter relates a tidbit or story from Bubna's life, then he explains how God's grace brought him through or was shown to him, and how Christians can apply that concept of grace in their own lives. He emphasizes God's unconditional love and grace throughout. He shares his stories openly and honestly and it's a very "real" book. Written simply, it's a book for everyone looking to learn more about God's grace, and it's not written in "Christianese" like some such books are.

I really enjoyed this books. Some of Bubna's stories were funny and some were sad, but through all of them I could see myself, because I mess up a lot, too! It's refreshing to read a book where a pastor isn't afraid to admit his mistakes and failures and get real. I've noticed there have been so many books written on grace lately, and this is a good one to add to the collection. It's a good message for today, where some churches focus so much on outward appearance and the judgement of God. It's nice to read an uplifting book about God's grace. I recommend this book to any Christian looking for a fresh take on grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving Death

Can I Just Hide In Bed 'Til Jesus Comes Back?