Unsinkable Faith


I was super excited to get the chance to review Tracie Miles' new book, Unsinkable Faith: God-Filled Strategies to Transform the Way You Think, Feel, and Live. I'd previously read and reviewed her second book, Your Life Still Counts: How God Uses Your Past to Create a Beautiful Future and loved it. I love Tracie's writing style and open, honest writing. She doesn't hold back when sharing her life stories and is very transparent. The back cover of Unsinkable Faith says:

"Hearts Anchored In God Don't Sink

Some days you're floating through life and everything seems fine. Other days you're barely holding on in the midst of a storm, and negative thoughts threaten to sink your attitude, steal your peace, and rob you of joy. But just because life is hard doesn't mean your heart and mind have to become hardened.

Tracie Miles offers three easy, mind-renewing steps to overcome a pessimistic mind-set - and change the way you think, feel, and live. Tracie's stories and insights will point you to God's truths so you can rise above your circumstances and experience more peace and joy."

Wow, what an awesome book! My entire life I have dealt with negativity, worry, anxiety, fear, and pessimism. From page one of this book, I immediately knew the truths inside would transform my life. Tracie's honest sharing about the breakup of her marriage made her message all that more trustworthy - she's just gone through one of the worst events a woman can go through, and she is still able to overcome those negative thoughts and feelings with the power of the word of God. What a testimony! I walked away from this book challenged, inspired, and ready to apply the truths of God's word and this book to my life, and most importantly, my mind. I liked the easy-to-remember term ANTs for (automatic negative thoughts) and the mind picture of crushing the "ANTs" as they creep into your mind with the three step process of noticing, rejecting, and replacing negative thoughts. I highly recommend this book to any Christian woman struggling in this area. It will change your life!

I received a copy of this book from Litfuse in order to provide an honest and unbiased review. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving Death

Can I Just Hide In Bed 'Til Jesus Comes Back?