KJV, Thinline Bible, Compact, Cloth Over Board, Purple, Red Letter Edition


Today, I'm doing a bit of a different review. I recently received a new Bible from Thomas Nelson. Now, I only read the KJV Bible, and any other KJV readers out there know just how hard it is to find a KJV Bible that is cute and has all the features you are looking for. It seems like manufacturers cater to other, newer versions of the Bible when it comes to making cute/pretty covers, study Bibles, or Bibles with fun features. That's why I was so excited when I came across this KJV compact thinline Bible with a gorgeous purple floral cover. This Bible boasts:

"Designed to be a convenient Bible for reading and travel, the KJV Compact Thinline Bible features the timeless beauty of the trustworthy King James translation. The KJV Compact Thinline Bible easily fits in purses, backpacks, or glove compartments. This easy-to-carry Bible comes with features that will enhance your reading experience, including an all-new typesetting in the elegant and readable Thomas Nelson KJV Font, double ribbon markers, full-color maps, and the words of Christ in red.

Features Include:

Beautiful new Thomas Nelson KJV Font
Words of Christ in red
Full-color maps
Double ribbon markers"

When I received the Bible in the mail, the cover exceeded my expectations - the pictures don't do it justice! It has dual purple ribbon markers, and is a cloth-over-board cover, which makes it sturdy enough to toss in my purse for Bible study, church, or soulwinning. It also includes a presentation page, so it would make a perfect gift as well. One thing I don't like about hardcover Bibles is that they're often not lay-flat, but this one is a lay-flat Bible, so I love it. Although this Bible is small in size, it doesn't skimp on features. It's got a One Year Morning & Evening Reading Plan, a 30 Days With Jesus plan, and full color maps in the back. I love the typeface, which is a special Thomas Nelson KJV font which is derived from their 1844 typeface. This adds a fun and interesting historical note to the Bible. My only complaint is that the font size is very, very small. Of course this is a compact Bible so you expect the typeface to be smaller than normal, but I just want to give a caution because I was a little surprised how small the font looks compared to my full-size Bible. All in all, this is a great KJV Bible and is perfect to put in your purse or car to have with you on the go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving Death

Can I Just Hide In Bed 'Til Jesus Comes Back?