The Wish


I was a little hesitant to read Wish by Jake Smith because I'm not much of a baseball, or any type of sport fan, really. But the cover drew me in and the premise was intriguing, despite the heavy emphasis on baseball. I'm a sucker for books about kids with cancer (why???), and this had all the elements of a tear jerker, sentimental story. I did enjoy this story even though I'm not a baseball fan. I think the heart wrenching story of the McConnell family will draw just about anyone in. This story was a little light on the Christianity, which I wasn't expecting since it's a Tyndale House book, but that may be a plus or minus for you, depending on what type of book you like to read. I'd recommend this for baseball fans, or anyone who enjoys a good family tear jerker.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving Death

Can I Just Hide In Bed 'Til Jesus Comes Back?