Tattler's Branch


If you're looking for a fun, easy read, Tattler's Branch is it. Set in rural Kentucky in the early 1900's, the story follows Lilly, the town doctor of Skip Rock. Her husband, Tern, is away on a mining job. I don't know how realistic this setup is, but hey, it is fiction, so I went with it.

This is the perfect light summer read. Interesting characters, suspenseful story, mystery, and a bit of intrigue. It's a quick read and you won't want to put it down until you find out what happens. My only complaint is that I didn't realize this is book two of a series, so I would've like to have read book one first. The cover reads "Tattler's Branch: A Novel", so I thought it was a stand alone book. The publisher might want to make it a little more clear that this is actually a series. All in all, this was an enjoyable book, and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes historical Christian fiction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Falling Free

Unreasonable Hope

Reclaiming Hope