The Married Guy's Guide To Great Sex


This is part two of my review on Dr. Clifford and Joyce Penner's books on sex in marriage.. Tyndale was kind enough to send me copies of two of their new books: Enjoy!: The Gift of Sexual Pleasure for Women and The Married Guy's Guide to Great Sex, both by Dr. Clifford and Joyce Penner. I'm always looking for ways to make my marriage stronger and better, and I really enjoyed the unique approach of a separate book for men and women rather than a "couple's guide" to sex. Most sex books are written towards the couple together, and the writing of a separate book to each allows the books to drill down more into different areas that apply to the husband and the wife. In this first part, I'll be discussing the men's book, The Married Guy's Guide to Great Sex. Check out my previous post for the review on the wife's book. :) The back cover of The Married Guy's Guide to Great Sex says:

"Keep the sizzle in your marriage.
Sex matters in a marriage―a lot! Yet many men secretly wonder: Is she really satisfied? What do we do when our desires don’t match? How can we get back the passion we used to feel? The Married Guy’s Guide to Great Sex will tell you what you really want to know: how to make sex meaningful to your wife, build desire, get past sexual problems, and enjoy guilt-free sex.

Noted sex therapists Clifford and Joyce Penner also unveil the mystery of “what women want” and how simple it is to boost your love life by letting your wife lead. Their candid, clear style will encourage you to make great sex happen―or happen more often―in your marriage.

This title is a repackage of The Way to Love Your Wife, and is a companion to the new title Enjoy: God’s Gift of Sexual Pleasure for Women, also by the Penners."

My husband and I read this book and Enjoy! in tandem with each other, reading a chapter each night. Then I asked him for his opinions about the men's book and flipped through it myself to see what I thought about it. I thought this book was great - the writing style was clear, concise, and direct. It was pretty easy for my (non-reading) hubby to read. I felt like the advice was very intuitive and helpful and, if followed, will greatly improve relationships with your wife. A husband and wife team wrote this book, so you get a balanced perspective that's anything but one-sided. I highly recommend this book and its companion book for wives, Enjoy!

I received a copy of this book from the Tyndale Blog Network in order to provide an honest and unbiased review. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving Death

Can I Just Hide In Bed 'Til Jesus Comes Back?