31 Proverbs To Light Your Path


I recently had the chance to read Liz Curtis Higgs' new devotional book, 31 Proverbs to Light Your Path. Hundreds of women voted on and chose their 31 favorite verses in the book of Proverbs, and Liz created a month-long devotional using one of these verses per day. The back cover says:

"Take Heart, Beloved.
His Light Is Shining,
And Your Path Is Clear.

Wherever you are on your journey, here is the wisdom you need for the road ahead. Maybe you’re stuck and want to move forward. Or you feel anxious and long to know what’s next. Or you’re ready for an uplifting reminder that God holds your future in His loving hands.

Chosen by hundreds of women as their favorite verses in Proverbs, these thirty-one nuggets of truth reveal how faithfully God honors His promise, “I will instruct you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths” (Proverbs 4:11).

Best-selling author Liz Curtis Higgs examines each word with care and adds a sprinkling of humor through her honest stories and personal examples. For each verse you’ll find a unique “One Minute, One Step” challenge—a do-it-now task that requires one minute or less. You’ll soon discover how practical and meaningful the book of Proverbs is as you apply its ancient wisdom to your thoroughly modern life.

With a study guide included, 31 Proverbs to Light Your Path is a daily devotional and a small-group Bible study, wrapped in a beautiful gift book brimming with encouragement!"

I took a month and read this devotional on my own, and I really benefited a lot from it. I, like many other Christians, have often done the "read one chapter of the book of Proverbs each day". I do like doing this a lot, but what I enjoyed about this devotional is that it took this concept and then drilled down into it and selected just one verse, instead of an entire chapter, to focus on each day. Focusing in on a single verse helped me to get more a specific takeaway for my day. This is a really pretty, well-designed book that would be wonderful for a gift or a group study. Highly recommended.

I received a copy of this book from Blogging For Books in order to provide an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving Death

Can I Just Hide In Bed 'Til Jesus Comes Back?