Deadly Proof


I'm a huge fan of Christian suspense, so I jumped on the chance to read Rachel Dylan's new book, Deadly Proof. Deadly Proof is the first book in her new Atlanta Justice series. Not only is this a Christian suspense book, it's also legal suspense and focuses on a pharmaceutical company (two more genres I enjoy), so I felt like this book was perfect for me. It also has a touch of romance, which was a nice addition. The back cover says:

"Riveting New Series Offers Legal Suspense with a Romantic Twist

In the biggest case of her career, attorney Kate Sullivan is tapped as lead counsel to take on Mason Pharmaceutical because of a corporate cover-up related to its newest drug. After a whistleblower dies, Kate knows the stakes are much higher than her other lawsuits.

Former Army Ranger turned private investigator Landon James is still haunted by mistakes made while serving overseas. Trying to forget the past, he is hired by Kate to look into the whistleblower's allegation and soon suspects that the company may be engaging in a dangerous game for profit. He also soon finds himself falling for this passionate and earnest young lawyer.

Determined not to make the same mistakes, he's intent on keeping Kate safe, but as the case deepens, it appears someone is willing to risk everything--even murder--to keep the case from going to trial."

I definitely wasn't let down by this book! I loved it. It kept me up at night turning the pages and I enjoyed both the characters and the plot. I'd compare this book to a blend of Robin Cook and John Grisham plus Christian fiction. That said, this is a legal thriller, not a police procedural or thriller, so definitely go into this book understanding what to expect. Dylan's writing is top notch and the plot is unique and fresh. I read a lot of books so I am always looking for something new rather than rehashing of the same old plot lines, and Deadly Proof delivered. I am excited to read the second book in this series!

I received a copy of this book from Litfuse in order to provide an honest and unbiased review. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving Death

Can I Just Hide In Bed 'Til Jesus Comes Back?