Driver Confessional


I was interested in reading David Winters' new book, Driver Confessional, because I really enjoy Christian thrillers and the plot and premise seemed very unique. Driver Confessional is the first book in The Driver Series. The back cover says:

"Driver Confessional tells the story of Antonio, a ride-share driver who winds through the streets of Washington, D.C. in search of his next fare to support his young family and pay law school expenses. His easy manner and Italian good looks lead passengers to disclose a bit more than they intended. On a particularly dark evening, his sedan pulls up in front of a posh Washington restaurant.

On her way to a midnight meeting in a Senate office building, a mysterious woman and her confession plunge Antonio and his police detective brother into international espionage, the Russian mob and corporate excess. Clues add up to danger and car chases pile up on ethical dilemmas."

This book was a real page turner. I stayed up late to finish it because I couldn't put it down! My favorite thing about Driver Confessional was the characters. I loved all of the characters and felt like they were all well developed and interesting. I really cared about them and what happened to them. The plot was full of twists and turns and provided a good mystery. I thought the Buber driver plot device provided an interesting way to showcase Antonio's personality and tease out the story. There were some small editing problems here and there, but overall I truly enjoyed it. I recommend this to anyone who like a good suspense book.

I received a copy of this book from Litfuse in order to provide an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving Death

Hiding in the Light