Tightropes and Teeter-Totters


If you want a funny, down-to-earth book about marriage, motherhood, and everything in between, Lisa Pennington's new offering, Tight Ropes and Teeter-Totters is definitely the book for you! The fun and attractive cover was what first drew me to the book, and once I opened the pages and read the introduction, I had trouble putting it down. The back cover says:

"Lisa Pennington knows how to get up after losing her balance, even with a full house, a not-so-full bank account, and never enough energy. In her latest book, she offers readers:
Strategies for finding balance in marriage, motherhood, and bad moods
Playful yet biblically based tips for turning hard days around
Inspiration for shaping obstacles into opportunities
Ways to respond to irritations with gratitude
Enthusiastic encouragement for living out God’s purpose.
For every woman who wonders if her satisfaction in life will ever match her dreams, Pennington has real-life answers full of hope and humor."

I loved this book because of the fresh ideas. I loved the "BALANCE" (Begin, Assess, Learn, Account, Notify, Change, Endure) acronym that Lisa applies to each area of life, helping me to find and apply balance to absolutely every corner of my life (seriously, no topic is left behind!). Lisa covers marriage, motherhood, friends, money, speech, moods, and more in this comprehensive book. One of my favorite parts of Tightropes and Teeter-Totters was how Lisa uses so much humor to impart wisdom. I loved reading stories about her mishaps, foibles, and embarrassing moments because I could relate so much to her life! The transparency and honesty in this book was so refreshing. Lisa never pretends to be perfect. In fact, she painstakingly communicates how she's coming along beside you to change and find balance, because she struggles with it too! I read the topical chapters in order from areas I'm currently struggling the most in to the areas I'm currently struggling the least in, and you can definitely skip around the chapters choosing the topics that you need help with the most. This is destined to become a well-thumbed reference book in my library! Highly recommended.

I received a copy of this book from Litfuse in order to provide an honest and unbiased review. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving Death

Can I Just Hide In Bed 'Til Jesus Comes Back?

Deals Under $1 Week of 7/24!