Angels: God's Supernatural Agents


I was interested in reading Angels: God's Supernatural Agents by Ed Rocha because I'm always interested in learning more about biblical topics. Angels aren't taught on very often, and I was interested in learning more about them. The back cover says:

"After a powerful experience in the presence of the Holy Spirit, Ed Rocha began to witness healings, signs, and wonders--and angels. Now he shares remarkable insights about these holy messengers. This practical and biblically grounded book is packed with real-life stories about supernatural encounters. Through an exploration of Scripture, Rocha answers questions like
· Where do angels live?
· How do angels deliver messages to me?
· Are guardian angels watching over me?
· What does it mean that healing is "in their wings"?
· Can I pray to see angels?

Angels--God's Supernatural Agents will stir your heart to realize these powerful and majestic servants of God are bringing you his healing, strength, and deliverance."

This book started off okay, but then it veered so far off that I can't wholeheartedly recommend it. Let me start off with what I appreciated about it first. Rocha is extremely clear that we are not to pray directly TO angels (or saints, or lost loved ones, or anyone but Jesus and God), and I greatly appreciated the clear emphasis on that. Many people think that they should pray to angels or saints, but the Bible is very clear that we have one intercessor, Jesus Christ. I also appreciated Ed's clear explanation on what exactly the Bible does and does not say about angels. However, what I didn't appreciate was the fantastical claims Ed made throughout the book with no proof or information to verify his claims. He explains how at his church they had hundreds of pictures of angels that had been taken in their church, and leads the reader to hope the pictures exist, then explains that his pastor managed to gather up EVERY SINGLE PICTURE and destroy all of them. Then he claims he has ONE left on his phone, and he might show it to you if you come to one of his meetings. Um, no. I don't appreciate the game playing - it just makes him look shady and shifty, and does nothing for the credibility of his claims.

I received a copy of this book from Chosen in order to provide an honest and unbiased review. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving Death

Can I Just Hide In Bed 'Til Jesus Comes Back?

Deals Under $1 Week of 7/24!