Firewall


Firewall is book one in the new FBI: Houston series by DiAnn Mills. We're dropped into the story as Taryn and her new husband, Shep, are on their way to their dream honeymoon when a bomb explodes in the airport. Taryn is injured and wakes up in the hospital to find out that her new husband fleed the airport just before the bomb went off and had been using a false name. The story takes off from there as they try to discover the players behind a plot full of international intrigue. Along the way Taryn and FBI agent Grayson begin to have feeling for each other. Will they discover the mastermind in time to save Taryn's kidnapped goddaughter, Zoey, and will Taryn and Grayson fall in love?

This was a good, solid Christian thriller for me. Christian thrillers are my favorite genre, so I'm always excited to read a new one. DiAnn Mills is a new-to-me author, so I was happy to discover another great writer in this genre. I thought the book started off great - I read the first third of the book the day I got it and couldn't put it down. However, the next two thirds of the book started to bog down just a bit. Luckily, there were enough plot twists and turns to save it by the end! This is definitely a promising first book of the series. I'm excited to read the upcoming books in the FBI: Houston series. The only thing that annoyed me slightly about this book is that Taryn is a vegan and they feel the need to mention it over and over. But that's something easily overlooked due to the exciting action scenes and suspense. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good Christian thriller. You won't be disappointed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving Death

Can I Just Hide In Bed 'Til Jesus Comes Back?