The Winnowing Season

I have been a fan of Amish fiction since I first picked up a Beverly Lewis book about 10 years ago, so I was happy to read The Winnowing Season by Cindy Woodsmall. I'll start by saying that I didn't realize that this was book two in a series, so I felt a little behind on the plot and characters as I was reading the book. However, she did include a brief synopsis of book one in the beginning of this book, so that was helpful. The Winnowing Season follows Rhoda Byler and Samuel and Jacob King as they begin a new Old Order Amish community and orchard in Maine. A love triangle and drama with the bishops provide interest to the drama. I am looking forward to book three as this one ends on a bit of a cliffhanger. All in all, a good, solid, Amish fiction. I recommend picking up book one first, if you haven't already. I received a copy of this book from Blogging For Books in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Falling Free

Unreasonable Hope

Reclaiming Hope